learning@home refers to the ways schools will maintain teaching and learning in the event of a prolonged school closure or student absence.
The Department of Education has a number of online tools and resources to support students.
Curriculum resources for Mathematics and English are available for students to complete at their own pace. Students in Prep to Year 3 may require support to read and understand instructions.
The resources provided at learning@home are a sample of activities that can be printed and are designed as a support tool for students to continue their learning and engage in familiar activities essential to their learning and wellbeing.
Parents/carers can download the fortnightly learning@home packs from the documents section of our website or from the learning@home website.
Students in Years 2-6 have access to a variety of online learning platforms and digital subscriptions. Lists of recommended apps are available for Prep and Year 1 students.
Growing @ Home
During any time of change and uncertainty, it is important we support the wellbeing of our students. In addition to the remote learning resources that are available, we have introduced Growing @ Home to support the social and emotional needs of our Gumdale students and allow them to stay connected to our school community.
Growing @ Home provides links to:
- Suggested daily activities (created by Thrive) to support social and emotional development through the arts, play and creativity.
- Weekly challenges where students will be invited to share a photo or video of one of the activities from the week.
- The Gumdale YouTube channel where short videos will be uploaded for students to view.
- Useful websites that might be of interest to students
- Mindfulness activities/meditations.