Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content


We accept new enrolments for Gumdale State School at any time of the year and we look forward to welcoming new families to our school community.

We cannot approve enrolments without sighting and copying your child’s birth certificate. Where it is not possible to obtain a birth certificate (e.g. for a child born in a country without a birth registration system), a passport or visa document will suffice. This does not include failure to register a birth or reluctance to order a birth certificate. We will also accept a passport or visa for international students approved for enrolment by Education Queensland International (EQI).

Our school operates within an enrolment management plan. All students who reside within the catchment boundaries are eligible to attend Gumdale State School. You can access the catchment area map provided by Education Queensland to determine if you reside within catchment. 

How to Enrol

For each child, complete an Education Queensland enrolment​ application​​, and all consent forms listed in the related links column of this page.

You then need to return these forms to the office. You will also need to bring:

  • Original birth certificate for each child; or child’s current passport and visa documents if they were born overseas
  • Each child’s latest report card if they have attended another school
  • Two original utility notices/bill statements AND your drivers license to provide proof of residence.  

You can download the necessary forms, or collect copies from our school office. If you have questions regarding enrolling your child in our school please contact us.

To determine if your child is eligible to enrol in prep please check Education Queensland's prep ready reckonerIf your child is eligible for enrolment please visit the Prep enrolment page to access relevant information.